Mixed materials roofing - Combining Metal and Shingle Roofs is the latest architectural trend for San Francisco Bay Area homes as seen in this Marin County roof.
Standing Seam Metal Roofs and Flat Seam Metal Roofs are consistently popular choices for reroofing and new roofs in the Bay Area as they are long lasting, Class A Fire Rated, and provide fabulous curb appeal.
The newest metal roofing trendsetter is a Hybrid Metal & Shingle Roofing System. The combination of metal roof panels and laminated shingles on separate pitched roof sections delivers the visual bang of a metal roof at a much lower cost.
This stunning combination of IKO Cambridge Shingles and ASC Building Product's Standing Seam Metal Roof Panels that Wedge Roofing recently installed on a new home in Marin County is a beautiful example of this latest roofing trend. Note how the vertical line of the standing seam metal roof flawlessly flows with the siding and the shingle roof.
Tips for combining roof systems:
1. Choose an analogous color palette to provide visual continuity of the roofline.
2. Look to the supportive, less dominant color in the shingle roof as your inspiration for the color of the metal roof
3. Consider the use of a “pop” color to break up the visual palette. A pop color can be a contrast color, or simply an extreme shade variance of the color already being used throughout the system.
4. Ensure the color of your home or building works well with both the metal roofing and shingle roofing systems.
5. If you need color inspiration, look to your surrounding natural environment for color ideas.